Angels of Data
Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas
Computer Repair and Data Recovery Specialists!
New Customer Orientation
Phase One Inventory
- We will need the following information from you.
- List of all employee names
- Computer Usernames and Passwords
- List of active email addresses with passwords
- Brief description of each employee job function in relation to computer usage
- Email server name
- Employee phone extensions
- Account information for Internet Service Provider, routers, and phone system
- List of critical software in use
- CAL's, SOAs, and Serials
- Disclosure of contractual service agreements you have previously entered in to
- List of telephone numbers with hunt order
- List of technical ailments you are experiencing
- Domain accounts Network Solutions account handle and password
- Web accounts Address, Username and Password
Phase Two Discovery
At this stage is where the fun begins.
We will evaluate the technical level of each employee to explore growth and
learn limitations. A technician will observe the employee for several moments.
The technician will have the employee demonstrate their various tasks. The technician
will also have the employee maneuver to various areas of the operating system (Windows)
to retrieve network configuration, applications, hard drive size and
utilization, installed memory, processor speed, manufacturer, model, serial
numbers and printers. We are also interested in the history of your company.
How you started and where you want to go. That enables
Angels of Data to set a flight plan for your growth.
Phase Three Assessment
All the information from the previous stages is compiled and analyzed. This will occur
offsite and takes some time. The more complex your business machine is, the
longer we mull it over.
Phase Four Proposal
Angels of Data
will provide a list of recommended services and changes you may need to reduce
any technical drag you are experiencing and facilitate future scalability of
your business processes. Under this process we may discover areas where current
ongoing expenses can be trimmed and the savings diverted to functions that
improve the efficiency at which your business machine creates revenue. We will
work with you real-time for an effective cost-benefit analysis.
Phase Five Action!
Now is the time to pick the points of interest from the Proposal and set your pace
to move from repair to investment.